Tuesday 17 March 2009

Return Of The Re-Release

Reports over on N4G have pointed towards the very real possibility that we'll be seeing a re-release of Ninja Gaiden II on PS3, which in keeping with the previous Ninja Gaiden release on Sony's console, will be titled Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Apparently as with the previous Sigma game released on PS3, this title will not be a direct port and will include technical and graphical updates.

Whilst at this point I would hesitate to call this anything more than a rumour, especially as I'm taking N4G's word for it that the translation of the Japanese magazine article is correct. However, I do like the idea of a another re-release of a Ninja Gaiden game (please bear with me on this one, I haven't gone completely insane), the previous Sigma re-release fixed one of the main issues from the original Ninja Gaiden (itself more an update of the old 8 bit series than a re-release), the poor camera. Whilst I know that player camera control was added in Ninja Gaiden Black (the first re-release of Ninja Gaiden), Sigma did this and added better loading times and touched up the graphics. I doubt that a graphical update will be applied this time, as Ninja Gaiden II is still a pretty gem, but perhaps improving the awful camera will polish the games only obvious blemish.

Honestly I would pay for this, I think it's a great idea and if it gets me another play through of Ninja Gaiden II then I'm game. We'll just have to see how much this re-release adds to the existing game, and if it'll actually see the light of day. Can't wait to see what Tomonobo Itagaki has to say about this one.

UPDATE
Seeing as since I started writing this article the rumour concerning Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 has been confirmed pretty much everywhere, I think we're safe in assuming that this is a genuine announcement. Just got to see what updates will be coming to the game now.

No comments:

Post a Comment