Thursday 19 February 2009

The DS And i

Japan have had these for a while and the US got there release dates the other day and now it's our turn. The DSi will be available for purchase in the UK on 3rd April this year at a slightly high price of £149.99. I've been looking forward to this for a bit, the loss of the Game Boy Advance slot doesn't worry me too much as I still keep my trusty Game Boy Micro around, but the inclusion of a flash card slot and the future possibility of DSi-ware is quite interesting. Xbox Live Arcade has brought us some great games, and with the increased interest and installed user base of the DS, if this takes off it would be great to see a similar service on the handheld.

For me personally, the one improvement I would like to see on the old DS Lite is a more responsive D pad. Because, to be honest, the old DS Lite one was rubbish, and pretty much the only reason (except for wanting to save the pennies) that I never upgraded from my old chunky silver DS. Which still serves me well today, except for a very tired looking touch screen.

If anyone already has one of these through the magic of importing, please let the blog know if they're any good and if the rest of us who've waited for the UK release should get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment